What I Wish I Had Done Sooner as CEO

 


I learned these lessons the hard way while scaling my company from 7 figures to over $80 million.

Some decisions shouldn’t wait until you feel ready.

Here are the things I wish I had done sooner as CEO.

Strategic Connections

I should have started hosting dinners with high-level founders much earlier.

The ideas, perspective, and relationships from those conversations proved to be incredibly valuable.

Personal Accountability

Hiring a coach sooner would have accelerated everything.

Having someone to challenge my thinking and hold me accountable pushed me to grow faster as a leader.

Revenue Focus

I waited too long to bring in a Head of Sales.

That single hire transformed our growth engine and allowed me to step back and focus on high-level strategy.

Compensation Structure

Aligning compensation with outcomes should have been a priority from day one.

When your team is directly rewarded for results, performance naturally improves.

Energy Management

One of the most impactful rules I implemented: no meetings before noon.

Protecting my mornings for deep work and strategic thinking changed how I operated as a CEO.

Team Building

Our first team offsite created alignment in a way day-to-day work never could.

The trust and clarity we built during that time paid off for years.

Conclusion

These six decisions played a key role in scaling my last company from $3M to $84M.

If you’re a 7-figure founder aiming for 8 or 9 figures, the right systems—and the right guidance—make all the difference.

If you want to read more blog like this from Ayman Al-Abdullah, visit Ayman Al-Abdullah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Keeping Wrong People Kills Teams

The $150,000 Lesson That Changed Everything